Organizations have an ever increasing volume of data stored across a multitude of media including virtual systems, USB drives, tapes, memory cards, HDD - all of which requires management. Kroll Ontrack provides data erasure software, hardware and verification services to ensure that your end-of-life data is erased securely and cost-effectively.
Why is permanent data disposal necessary?
- Your electronically stored data is likely to include many files that you would not want accessed or viewed by people outside of your organization or household.
- Sensitive information that falls into the wrong hands can lead to loss of business, property or reputation, potentially leading to civil and criminal liability.
- Simply deleting data from a hard drive does not mean that the data is permanently deleted and inaccessible.
- Regulatory requirements for data protection and customer privacy demand complete, well documented data disposal.
Learn more about best practices and tips for data deletion.
How can we help you?
Kroll Ontrack has developed proven, secure and cost-effective solutions for end-of-life data destruction. Our Ontrack® Eraser portfolio of software and hardware provides you with effective tools to dispose and destroy of end-of-life data.
- Ontrack Eraser Software: This flexible, do-it-yourself (DIY) software erases hard drives on individual machines and offers comprehensive reporting, collected locally or across a network.
- Erasure Hardware: Ontrack Erasure Degausser utilizes a demagnetizing process to destroy data from hard drives, tapes and other media – whether they are functioning or not.
- Ontrack Eraser Services: Our data specialists can wipe the data from your storage media and provide certification of the erasure. Additionally, we can dispose of the media for you after the erasure in an environmentally-friendly manner.
- Ontrack Erasure Verification Services: Submit your erased drives for an independent evaluation and verification that no information can be found, even by an expert.