Kroll Ontrack launches enhanced Ontrack online information center to streamline the data recovery process
Secure web interface provides customers with transparency and improved usability
Minneapolis, MN – Feb. 2, 2011 – Kroll Ontrack, the leading provider of information management, data recovery, and legal technologies products and services,today announced the release of its enhanced Ontrack® Online information center to maximize transparency and streamline the user experience during the data recovery process. The secure Web site, which allows Ontrack® Data Recovery customers to easily view the status of their data recovery in real time, the quality of their recoverable files, job details and customer service contact information, is now available from any computer using a popular browser such as Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari and Google Chrome. Furthermore, customers are not required to download any software when using the Ontrack Online customer portal and can now view data recovery reports within the portal instead of receiving them via e-mail.
Specifically, customers now have access to all of the following integrated features within the Ontrack Online information center:
- Ontrack® VeriFile™ Online Data Reports: A unique, diagnostic report that shows the quality of recoverable files, empowering customers to make an informed decision before committing to the recovery.
- Job Tracker: Provides customers with real-time information on the status of their data recovery job, allowing them to track the progress of their recovery from the moment it is received through completion of the recovery.
- Online Help: Helps customers better navigate the Ontrack Online information center.
"The enhanced, integrated Ontrack Online information center gives customers a complete picture of their recovery, even before deciding to approve the recovery fee," said Jim Reinert, vice president of product development, Kroll Ontrack. "Customers benefit from the improved usability of the site, the real-time nature of the system and a comprehensive view of their information, which is conveniently located right at their fingertips anywhere and at any time."
In addition, Ontrack Data Recovery customers experience the following advantages when using the Ontrack Online information center:
- Ease of use: The easy-to-use online portal streamlines the service communication experience by allowing customers to view the details of their job in a single location.
- Real-time status: Customers have complete visibility into the status of their recovery at all times.
- Security: Each customer receives a personal login and password to the secure online portal, ensuring only the customer knows the status and recoverability of the job.
- Transparency: Customers are empowered to make an informed decision about their recovery with transparent information about the condition and quality of their recoverable files prior to purchasing the recovery.
Use of the Ontrack Online information center is included in the data recovery service and available in select Kroll Ontrack locations. For more information, visit http://www.ontrackdatarecovery.com/ontrack-online/. For more information about Kroll Ontrack and its Ontrack Data Recovery services and solutions, visit www.ontrackdatarecovery.com.
About Ontrack Data Recovery
Through its Ontrack Data Recovery products and services, Kroll Ontrack is the largest, most experienced and technologically advanced provider of data recovery products and services worldwide. Using its hundreds of proprietary tools and techniques, Ontrack Data Recovery solutions help businesses and consumers recover lost or corrupted data from all types of operating systems and media and storage devices through its do-it-yourself, remote and in-lab capabilities. Kroll Ontrack offers a free initial consultation for customers experiencing a data loss.
About Kroll Ontrack Inc.
Kroll Ontrack provides technology-driven services and software to help legal, corporate and government entities as well as consumers manage, recover, search, analyze, produce and present data efficiently and cost-effectively. In addition to its award-winning suite of software, Kroll Ontrack provides data recovery, data destruction, paper and electronic discovery, document review, computer forensics, secure information services, ESI and jury consulting, and trial presentation services. Kroll Ontrack is the technology services division of Kroll Inc., the global risk consulting company. Kroll is a subsidiary of Altegrity, an industry-leading provider of information solutions. For more information about Kroll Ontrack and its offerings please visit: www.krollontrack.com; www.ontrackdatarecovery.com.