Monday, November 15, 1999
ONTRACK INTRODUCES COMPLETE SUITE OF PRODUCTS TO PROTECT, FIX AND TUNE-UP PCsONTRACK Data International, Inc. (NASDAQ: ONDI), a leading provider of data availability software and service solutions, announced today the availability of Ontrack SystemSuite™ 2000, a complete suite of fully integrated utility products designed to keep PC users' systems operating at peak performance. Ontrack SystemSuite 2000 is the only comprehensive, easy-to-use utility suite available today that supports Windows 95, 98, NT and 2000 operating systems. The new software will be available in retail stores in December with an expected street price of $59.95.
The Ontrack SystemSuite 2000 utilities system includes extensive features compared to competitive suites offered by Symantec and Network Associates. Competitive packages often have different user interfaces, and some even launch new windows for each application. With Ontrack SystemSuite 2000, all applications are fully integrated and run from a single, easy-to-use interface - making Ontrack SystemSuite 2000 easier to use and less confusing for users.
“Unlike our competitors, Ontrack engineers have worked extensively on developing streamlined utilities that go beyond a thin pretty interface on a collection of dissimilar, inadequate and sometimes obsolescent utilities,” said Jim Reinert, Ontrack director of worldwide software products. “Ontrack engineers have delved deep into the inner workings of a PC and created an intuitive interface on a tightly integrated, powerful and up-to-date set of utilities for beginner and expert users alike.”
Ontrack SystemSuite 2000 includes:
- Fix-It Utilities™ 2000 - a comprehensive, user-friendly diagnostic utility with registry repair, hardware diagnostics and Windows customization;
- EasyUninstall™ 2000 - safely and completely removes unwanted programs and files, including Internet clutter, and can also move entire applications to different drives or locations while retaining specific user settings;
- VirusScanner™ - a complete anti-virus package with free virus definition updates for one year;
- CrashProof™ - an application that automatically detects when the operating system is becoming unstable, alerting the user and holding the crash until all vital files are saved, or eliminating the crash altogether;
- ZipMagic® Wizards - handle all popular Zip formats and allows users to Zip and Unzip files and create self-extracting Zip files;
- PowerDesk® Utilities - a file management system with a more feature-rich explorer for viewing, searching and managing file systems;
- SystemUpdate™ - a program that ensures all applications are up-to-date with the latest versions and patches;
- And, Crisis Center™ - an instant link to Ontrack's data rescue and recovery services, with four available levels to diagnose and recover from data loss problems.
Although Ontrack SystemSuite 2000 includes full versions of both Fix-It Utilities™ 2000 and EasyUninstall™ 2000, Ontrack will also release both as standalone products for users who may only need or want specific applications.
Fix-It Utilities 2000 is the only system repair utility on the market with support for all modern Windows platforms, including Windows 95, 98, NT and 2000 operating systems. The program will be in retail stores in December with an expected street price of $49.95. Customers who have purchased the award-winning Fix-It Utilities™ 99 can upgrade over the Internet at www.ontrack.com.
EasyUninstall 2000 is an uninstall utility available with support for all modern Windows platforms, including Windows 95, 98, NT and 2000. The program provides a safe method for removing unwanted programs or files, and detecting application dependencies, while leaving all shared files and extensions on the system. EasyUninstall 2000 also removes all Internet clutter, such as cookies, Active X components and cache pages from a PC faster and more completely than clearing the cache from an Internet browser. EasyUninstall 2000 will be available in retail stores in December with an expected street price of $29.95.
Ontrack, a leading provider of data availability software and service solutions, helps customers protect, back-up and recover their valuable data. Using its hundreds of proprietary tools and techniques, Ontrack is able to recover lost or corrupted data from all operating systems and types of storage devices through its do-it-yourself, remote and in-lab capabilities. Ontrack now offers a line of award-winning software tools to help prevent critical data loss, and recently introduced its RapidRecall line of backup and restore software and services for remote users. Ontrack can be reached through its World Wide Web site at http://www.ontrack.com or by calling 800-872-2599 (612-937-5161). In addition to its Minneapolis headquarters, Ontrack operates other locations in Los Angeles, Washington, D.C., New York, Tokyo, London, Paris, Stuttgart and Boulder, Colo.
ONTRACK, ONTRACK SYSTEMSUITE, VIRUSSCANNER, RAPIDRECALL, FIX-IT UTILITIES, EASYUNINSTALL, CRASHPROOF, ZIPMAGIC, POWERDESK and CRISIS CENTER are trademarks or registered trademarks of ONTRACK Data International, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. All other brands and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.