ONTRACK® FIX-IT UTILITIES™ 4.0 – AN IT DEPARTMENT INSIDE YOUR PC
New Version of Award-Winning PC Maintenance Utility Provides XP Compatibility, Expanded Tool Set and Improved Ease-of-Use for the Novice or PC ProMINNEAPOLIS – August 20, 2001 – ONTRACK Data International, Inc. (NASDAQ: ONDI), a provider of data availability software and services, today announces the launch of Fix-It Utilities™ 4.0, a utility software program that provides the complete optimization, maintenance and repair solution for all current Windows desktop operating systems, including the much-anticipated Windows® XP.
New tools and enhancements, such as one-stop solution wizards, were added to Fix-It Utilities 4.0 to improve function and make PC maintenance a simple task for even the most novice users. Fix-It Utilities 4.0 allows users of all abilities to perform such critical maintenance tasks as defragmenting the hard drive to improve PC performance, diagnosing and repairing system and hardware problems, protecting their system from viruses, performing preventative maintenance, recovering lost data, and restoring a system if it will not boot to Windows.
"As PC environments continue to grow in complexity with new applications and peripheral devices, so does the need to tune up your system,” said Jon Eisele, director, Ontrack PC utility software. "Over time PCs degrade in performance and problems arise. With Fix-It Utilities 4.0, computer users have a rich resource of tools that can keep a PC performing at optimal levels with fewer conflicts, with an easy-to-use, award-winning user interface.”
Like its predecessor, the new version provides extensive hardware diagnostics, crash prevention and protection, virus protection, hard disk imminent failure warning and repair, registry repair and optimization tools, a “do-it-yourself” data recovery tool, and more. Fix-It Utilities 4.0 also includes these new and improved features:
- Improved Disk Defragmenter – Defragments even faster than before.
- One-Step Maintenance Wizards—Four easy-to-use wizards allow users to speed up, fix, or clean their systems, or perform a complete all-in-one tune-up.
- AutoUpdates—Automatically alerts the user when new updates are available for download through the Ontrack website. This feature ensures that users will always have the most current version of the program and the most up-to-date virus definitions, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Clock Synchronizer—Synchronizes the PC clock with a known, accurate Internet time source.
- Windows Error Message Tracker—Collects and logs all Windows error messages, along with detailed information on what caused the errors.
- Emergency Response Manual—Provides step-by-step instructions on how to restore a non-bootable system and recover critical data that has been lost.
Fix-It Utilities 4.0 is compatible with Windows® 95, 98, Me, NT, 2000 and XP and sells for an MSRP of $49.95. This new software package, as well as Ontrack’s other software applications, is available online at http://www.ontrack.com/software/.